– Customers can leverage collaboration and efficiency benefits of the Enterprise Social Network and meet compliance, e-discovery and recordkeeping obligations –
San Francisco, YamJam '12, Oct. 29, 2012 - Smarsh®, the managed service leader in secure, innovative and reliable email archiving compliance solutions, today announced the launch of Archiving & Compliance for Yammer. Developed in partnership with Yammer, the hosted solution enables organizations to capture, preserve, search, supervise and produce Yammer files and communications in support of compliance, e-discovery and recordkeeping initiatives.
Comments on the News
- "Smarsh is proud to introduce the first archiving solution for Yammer, enabling companies of all sizes to harness the collaboration power of the Enterprise Social Network while meeting their e-discovery and compliance obligations," said Sam Kolbert-Hyle, Smarsh vice president of business development and strategic initiatives.
- "More than 200,000 organizations worldwide are using Yammer to empower their employees to collaborate better, make smarter decisions faster and self-organize to take on any business challenge," said An Le, Yammer vice president of business development. "Yammer's integration with Smarsh enables security conscious companies to adopt a social network while still maintaining their compliance needs."
- "Gartner has seen an increase in customer demand for products that meet the e-discovery and compliance challenges associated with new content and message types," said Alan Dayley, research director, archiving and information lifecycle management, Gartner. "Organizations need to factor this into their enterprise information archiving strategies as they embrace enterprise social media platforms."
By the end of 2013, Gartner predicts that 50 percent of all companies will be asked to produce content from social media websites for e-discovery. To reduce risk, companies must capture and retain content from social media sites—whether internal or external to the organization—and produce messages and content in a timely manner.
Smarsh Archiving & Compliance for Yammer allows organizations to capture, search, supervise, preserve and produce Yammer activity for compliance and e-discovery. Smarsh customers and Yammer users can now:
- Capture Yammer updates, comments, announcements, praise, events, questions, private messages, files and file versioning in the archive
- Search across all communications within Yammer and review entire threads of messages for the context of updates, comments and files
- Search alongside other message types, such as email, instant messaging and social media, in one consolidated destination
- Leverage a full supervision audit trail that tracks each message review session and actions taken on specific messages
- Utilize the proprietary Smarsh Virtual Compliance Officer® for automated scanning and classification of messages as they enter the archive, enabling more efficient and effective message review
- Export only the necessary data in multiple formats securely and directly to outside counsel, regulatory examiners or third-party e-discovery systems during litigation or e-discovery events
- Preserve Yammer communication on non-erasable, non-rewriteable media in its native, unaltered format to meet recordkeeping and compliance obligations
Archiving & Compliance for Yammer is available by contacting Smarsh directly at 1-866-762-7741 or email@example.com.
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email archiving, instant message archiving and social media archiving for platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Founded in 2001, Smarsh helps organizations manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh at www.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
# # # #