Archiving & Compliance for Yammer
Many organizations would like to take advantage of the increased cross-department collaboration and employee engagement that Yammer brings, but risk management considerations have loomed as too large of an adoption barrier.
Smarsh Archiving & Compliance for Yammer enables organizations to capture, preserve, search, supervise and produce Yammer files and communications in support of e-discovery, compliance and recordkeeping initiatives. Now organizations can have compliance peace of mind while their employees use Yammer to collaborate, be more productive and update the people, projects and files that they're working with every day.
Within the Web-based Smarsh Management Console, administrators can search, supervise and produce their organization's Yammer content alongside other message types, including email, instant messaging and social media. Organizations can also extend the power of the Smarsh proprietary classification and review engine, the Virtual Compliance Officer, to their Yammer archive. Whether it's streamlining and customizing review processes, focusing search results on the messages that matter most, or automating the classification of communication with custom tags, the VCO offers unmatched efficiency in message review.
Archiving & Compliance for Chatter
Capture | Preserve | Search | Supervise | Produce
Yammer communications, including updates, comments, files, and private messages are captured.
- Comprehensive capture | Smarsh also captures associated metadata, providing greater context around message activity.
- Support for attachments and versioning | Smarsh archives Yammer attachments and files, including all versions.
Yammer communication is preserved on non-erasable, non-rewriteable media in its native, unaltered format to meet recordkeeping and compliance obligations.
- Global access | Messages and attachments are always readily accessible via the Web-based Smarsh Management Console.
- Redundant data centers | Messages are preserved in the redundant, geographically-dispersed Smarsh data centers and saved to WORM (write once, read many) optical storage.
- Retention policies | Messages are retained in accordance with client retention policies (and active legal holds).
Administrators can search across their Yammer archive based on virtually any criteria, either ad-hoc or on a consistent, systematic basis.
- Robust field search | Search across all Yammer communications and review entire threads of messages for the context of posts, comments and files.
- Saved searches | Save search criteria and repeat searches for convenience, consistency and evidence of policy enforcement.
- E-discovery searches | Run robust ad-hoc discovery searches for one-time instances.
- Support for multiple lexicon lists | Clients can customize company-approved lexicons of keywords/phrases for search and/or start with a default list provided by Smarsh.
Customize your organization’s supervision experience for optimal efficiency in message review and effectiveness in identifying and mitigating risk.
- Hierarchy structure | Permission-based review hierarchy can be configured to model the review structure of your organization. Administrators can assign message supervision roles/authorities to specific users and groups, and grant the appropriate level of access/functionality to them. Smarsh can grant temporary permissions or access to compliance consultants, outside legal counsel or other individuals.
- Run saved searches | Execute review procedures with regularly scheduled saved searches.
- Flexible search options |Match search type (random percent, risk score, keywords or phrases) to risk profile.
- Contextual review | Track the entire thread of each message with comments from multiple individuals, giving a conversation context during review.
- Full audit review | Every administrator session and action taken throughout the entire lifecycle of a message is documented within the Smarsh Management Console.
- Take action on messages | Reviewers have the ability to annotate, flag, open/close or escalate messages. All actions are logged and the subsequent metadata is indexed and searchable.
- Reporting Center | Produce analytics reports on Yammer usage, system audit history and message archive data. Demonstrate policy enforcement and ensure accountability among multiple managers responsible for message review. Reports can be customized.
Administrators can retrieve and produce as many messages as necessary, in original form, on demand. Apply policies and export only the necessary data in multiple formats securely and directly to outside counsel, regulatory examiners or third-party e-discovery systems during litigation or e-discovery events.
- Production options | Yammer data can be securely downloaded to a PC or encrypted and saved to a portable media device. This can be utilized for real-time access to data during an investigation or examination, or to restore data for disaster recovery purposes.
- Flexible e-discovery export | Export message data in popular e-discovery vendor "load file" formats (and the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) XML Interchange Format Schema) and transfer it directly to document review and processing systems.
- Monthly DVD service | As part of its service package, Smarsh delivers monthly copies of client data via encrypted DVD.
We Archive Everything
Archive and search all electronic message types, including email, instant messaging and social media, in one consolidated destination.
The Benefits of the Smarsh Cloud Model
Security & Privacy
You always maintain ownership and control of your data. Multiple physical, procedural and technical safeguards are in place to protect and limit access to your data. Smarsh data centers are redundant, geographically-dispersed and SSAE 16 audited. All systems are protected by multi-tiered firewalls and proactively monitored within the Smarsh Network Operations Center. Encrypted access to your data is granted only to your firm's approved system administrators.
- Free up storage capacity | Forrester Research survey data indicates that storage capacity requirements are growing between 20 and 40 percent each year. By "off-loading" data, your company can free up valuable storage space and optimize server performance. Remove content from your messaging server and migrate it to an archiving platform.
- Global availability | Full platform functionality is available securely 24-7 via the Internet.
- Search and produce data quickly | Smarsh offers the storage, database and indexing expertise to ensure optimal search and retrieval times, even as the volume of your archive grows.
- Seamless updates | Rather than waiting for the release and installation of your software’s next version, Smarsh platform updates are introduced regularly.
- Rapid on-boarding | Your firm can be up and running on the Smarsh platform in days or weeks rather than a long-term phased timeline. With its diverse and growing client base, Smarsh has encountered a variety of system integration scenarios and manages the deployment process for you.
- Flexible integration | The unique Smarsh architecture supports multiple means of capture and provides our clients' flexible integration options.
- Predictable pricing | Smarsh does not charge for storage or disk space, significantly reducing costs for traditional email backup. Pricing is predictable, easy to budget and does not require large capital expenditures.
- No software/hardware to maintain | Smarsh manages all hardware and software within its data centers, and upgrades are automatic and included as part of the managed service.
- Minimized internal IT operating burden | Maintain access and ownership of all of your information, and liberate your IT team to focus on core competencies.