Meet retention and oversight obligations for content created in the powerful Slack communications plan
PORTLAND, Ore., January 31, 2017 – Smarsh®, the leading provider of cloud-based information archiving solutions for compliance, e-discovery and risk management, today announced archiving support for Slack Enterprise Grid, the new offering which powers the design, usage and administrative management of multiple interconnected Slack workspaces across a customer’s entire business. The integration enables customers to quickly and securely search, review and produce Slack Enterprise Grid content within The Archiving Platform from Smarsh, alongside email, social media, text messaging and other electronic communications—as part of a comprehensive compliance, e-discovery and risk management solution.
Teams all over the world use Slack to connect with the people and apps they work with every day, all in one place. However, companies in highly regulated industries that want to use Slack Enterprise Grid must also meet the retention and oversight requirements of organizations including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and other global regulatory agencies, making an integrated archiving and compliance solution mandatory.
“Smarsh is excited to strengthen its integration with Slack, which is changing the way companies communicate,” said Stephen Marsh, founder and CEO of Smarsh. “This development reflects our commitment to enabling customers to communicate through the channels that are best for their business. Today, mutual customers can leverage the benefits of Slack’s new, enhanced offering and protect their organization from compliance, e-discovery and brand risk with Smarsh.”
With the integration, Slack Enterprise Grid customers can leverage The Archiving Platform from Smarsh to:
- Capture, index, and search Slack messages, notifications, files and more in their original format, regardless of a user’s device, location, or network
- Search across all communications within Slack Enterprise Grid and review fully threaded conversations to see the context of messages, updates, comments, and files
- Leverage a full supervision audit trail that tracks each review session within The Archiving Platform, and actions taken on specific messages
- Escalate and tag Slack content based on cases, events or topics
- Assign or forward Slack messages to supervisors for further review
- Export only necessary Slack data in multiple formats securely and directly to outside counsel, regulatory examiners or third-party e-discovery providers during litigation events
- Preserve Slack communication on non-erasable, non-rewriteable media in its native, unaltered format to meet recordkeeping obligations
- Search Slack content alongside other message types, such as email, text messaging, and social media, in one consolidated destination in The Archiving Platform from Smarsh
For more information about Smarsh and The Archiving Platform, visit www.smarsh.com.
# # # #
Smarsh® delivers a comprehensive and integrated stack of cloud-based information archiving applications and services that help companies protect themselves and manage risk. Its centralized platform provides a unified compliance and e-discovery workflow across the entire range of digital communications, including email, public and enterprise social media, websites, instant messaging and mobile messaging. Founded in 2001, Smarsh helps more than 20,000 organizations meet regulatory compliance, e-discovery and record retention requirements. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with offices in New York City, Boston, Raleigh, N.C., and London.