The Definitive Guide to Electronic Communications Capture: Conferencing Technologies
Regulated organizations have shifted their view of conferencing technologies like Zoom, GoToMeeting and Cisco Webex. Rather than simply tools for "video broadcasting," business itself is being discussed, shared and delivered using conferencing technologies.
This raises unique challenges, including:
- Choosing conferencing technology that is not designed to meet the requirements of regulated firms
- Inability to capture key features and modalities due to the lack of available APIs or other reliable methods of capture
- Capturing large video conferences files, which are typically significantly bigger than other content types
- Enforcing communications policies across those networks
- The current lack of regulatory guidance on the capture of video conferencing content. Firms must continue to push regulators to define the parameters around necessary capture and storage of this data
GET THIS GUIDE NOW
Any of these challenges could have a serious impact on operations and force a business to balance compliance and productivity. In this guide, we'll explore the benefits and risks of conferencing technologies, options for capturing content generated on these platforms, and tips for mitigating potential regulatory and security risks.